- Tokyo Skytree Tower
At 634 meters, the Tokyo Skytree Tower is undisputedly the highest television tower in the world. Located in the northeast of downtown Tokyo in the traditional Asakusa district, it broadcasts television and radio over terrestrial frequencies. In addition, it is also a popular tourist destination with its two viewing platforms. The view from the upper platform on a clear day over the whole of Tokyo, as far as Yokohama and the volcanic cone of Mount Fuji-san is indeed spectacular.
- Der Canton Tower in Guangzhou, China
At 600 meters, the Canton Tower in China is hardly lower than its rival in Tokyo. It was opened in 2010 and immediately became a tourist attraction in the southern Chinese metropolis. Its tapering and widening shape and the grid pattern of the struts are particularly striking.
- CN Tower, Toronto, Kanada
With a height of 553.3 meters, the number three falls below the magical mark of 600 meters. The CN Tower was built for this purpose in 1976 and has since developed into a landmark of Toronto and Canada.
- Ostankino TV Tower, Moscow, Russia
The Ostankino television tower in Moscow was eclipsed by the CN Tower in Toronto in 1976 because it is 540 meters high. It was completed in 1967, making it the tallest building in the world for nine years and a symbol of the superiority of the Soviet system. Today it is a popular destination for tourists and newlyweds alike.
- Oriental Pearl Tower, Shanghai, China
With a height of 468 meters, the Oriental Pearl Tower gave the go-ahead in 1995 for the development of the huge new district of Pudong, which is now a trade fair location and business center. In the meantime, various newer skyscrapers in Pudong tower above the Oriental Pearl Tower, which with its distinctive double spheres is still a landmark of the Chinese trading metropolis.
- Milad Tower, Tehran, Iran
The 434 meter high Milad Tower in the Persian capital Tehran opened in 2006. It is a popular destination for tourists and offers an impressive view over the Iranian metropolis, provided the air is good enough.
- Kuala Lumpur Tower, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Menara Tower in the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, stands near the twin towers of the Petronas Towers. Together, these buildings dominate the KL skyline, as it is abbreviated. The Menara Tower is 421 meters high and was built in 1995. It is a television tower, has viewing platforms, but also embodies the vision of Malaysia 2020. By 2020, the government of Malaysia wants to turn its country into a modern, prosperous industrial country that has caught up with the West.
- Tianjin Radio and TV Tower, Tianjin, China
The Chinese metropolis of Tianjin, only around 150 kilometers south of the capital Beijing on the coast of the Bohai Sea, has its own radio and television tower, which is 415 meters high and therefore the eighth highest in the world. Due to its proximity to Beijing, Tianjin is always somewhat overshadowed, although it is a large city with provincial status, well over ten million inhabitants and an important automotive and aircraft industry. The tower shows that Tianjin does not only want to be in the shadow of the nearby capital, because it towers over Beijing’s by nine meters.
- Beijing Central TV Tower, China
The global number nine is number four in China after Guangzhou, Shanghai and Tianjin. With a height of 404 meters, the tower, built in 1995, is number 9 in the world rankings.
- Fernsehturm Zhengzhou, Zhenzhou China
At 388 meters, the steel television tower of the provincial capital of Henan is number 10 in the world and number 5 in China. It is the tallest steel structure in the world.
- Berlin TV Tower, Germany
At 376 meters, the television tower in Berlin, built in 1969, still ranks 16th in the world.
- Africa Climate
- Asia Hydrography
- Burma Myanmar
- Chinese Music
- Estonia an Easy and Versatile Holiday Destination
- Europe Overview
- Mauritius The Pearl of The Indian Ocean
- Mozambique a Paradise On The Rise
- North America History
- Panama Travel Package
- Romania Most Special of Europe
- Sudan Destinations
- Sudan The Destination of a True Adventurer
- Travel to Central Asia
- Uruguay As a Tourist Country
U.S. History, Politics, Population, and Geography by State
- Hendersonville, Tennessee September 28, 2023 - According to wholevehicles, Hendersonville, Tennessee is a vibrant city located in Sumner County, just 18 miles northeast of downtown Nashville. With a population of approximately 60,000 residents, it is one… Read more
- Farmville, North Carolina September 27, 2023 - According to wholevehicles, Farmville is a small town located in Pitt County, North Carolina. Situated in the eastern part of the state, it is part of the Greenville Metropolitan Area.… Read more
- Geneva, Alabama September 26, 2023 - According to wholevehicles, Geneva, Alabama is a charming city located in the southeastern part of the state. Situated in Geneva County, it is nestled in the heart of the Wiregrass… Read more
- Henderson, Tennessee September 21, 2023 - According to mcat-test-centers, Henderson, Tennessee is a charming small town located in Chester County, situated in the southwestern part of the state. Its geographical location in the heart of the… Read more
- Fallston, North Carolina September 20, 2023 - According to mcat-test-centers, Fallston, North Carolina is a small, charming town located in Cleveland County, in the western part of the state. Nestled amidst the rolling hills and picturesque landscapes… Read more
- Gaylesville, Alabama September 19, 2023 - According to mcat-test-centers, Gaylesville is a small town situated in the northeastern part of Alabama, United States. Nestled in Cherokee County, it is located near the borders of both Georgia… Read more
- Helenwood, Tennessee September 14, 2023 - According to liuxers, Helenwood, Tennessee is a small town located in Scott County, in the northeastern part of the state. Nestled amidst the picturesque Appalachian Mountains, Helenwood is known for… Read more
- Falkland, North Carolina September 13, 2023 - According to liuxers, Falkland, North Carolina is a small town located in Pitt County, in the eastern part of the state. Situated approximately 15 miles southeast of Greenville, the town… Read more
- Gardendale, Alabama September 12, 2023 - According to liuxers, Gardendale is a city located in Jefferson County, Alabama, United States. Situated in the northern part of the state, Gardendale is part of the Birmingham-Hoover Metropolitan Statistical… Read more
- Heiskell, Tennessee September 7, 2023 - According to maternityetchic, Heiskell, Tennessee is a small unincorporated community located in the northern part of Knox County, in the eastern region of the state. Situated along the Clinch River,… Read more