- Tokyo Skytree Tower
At 634 meters, the Tokyo Skytree Tower is undisputedly the highest television tower in the world. Located in the northeast of downtown Tokyo in the traditional Asakusa district, it broadcasts television and radio over terrestrial frequencies. In addition, it is also a popular tourist destination with its two viewing platforms. The view from the upper platform on a clear day over the whole of Tokyo, as far as Yokohama and the volcanic cone of Mount Fuji-san is indeed spectacular.
- Der Canton Tower in Guangzhou, China
At 600 meters, the Canton Tower in China is hardly lower than its rival in Tokyo. It was opened in 2010 and immediately became a tourist attraction in the southern Chinese metropolis. Its tapering and widening shape and the grid pattern of the struts are particularly striking.
- CN Tower, Toronto, Kanada
With a height of 553.3 meters, the number three falls below the magical mark of 600 meters. The CN Tower was built for this purpose in 1976 and has since developed into a landmark of Toronto and Canada.
- Ostankino TV Tower, Moscow, Russia
The Ostankino television tower in Moscow was eclipsed by the CN Tower in Toronto in 1976 because it is 540 meters high. It was completed in 1967, making it the tallest building in the world for nine years and a symbol of the superiority of the Soviet system. Today it is a popular destination for tourists and newlyweds alike.
- Oriental Pearl Tower, Shanghai, China
With a height of 468 meters, the Oriental Pearl Tower gave the go-ahead in 1995 for the development of the huge new district of Pudong, which is now a trade fair location and business center. In the meantime, various newer skyscrapers in Pudong tower above the Oriental Pearl Tower, which with its distinctive double spheres is still a landmark of the Chinese trading metropolis.
- Milad Tower, Tehran, Iran
The 434 meter high Milad Tower in the Persian capital Tehran opened in 2006. It is a popular destination for tourists and offers an impressive view over the Iranian metropolis, provided the air is good enough.
- Kuala Lumpur Tower, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Menara Tower in the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, stands near the twin towers of the Petronas Towers. Together, these buildings dominate the KL skyline, as it is abbreviated. The Menara Tower is 421 meters high and was built in 1995. It is a television tower, has viewing platforms, but also embodies the vision of Malaysia 2020. By 2020, the government of Malaysia wants to turn its country into a modern, prosperous industrial country that has caught up with the West.
- Tianjin Radio and TV Tower, Tianjin, China
The Chinese metropolis of Tianjin, only around 150 kilometers south of the capital Beijing on the coast of the Bohai Sea, has its own radio and television tower, which is 415 meters high and therefore the eighth highest in the world. Due to its proximity to Beijing, Tianjin is always somewhat overshadowed, although it is a large city with provincial status, well over ten million inhabitants and an important automotive and aircraft industry. The tower shows that Tianjin does not only want to be in the shadow of the nearby capital, because it towers over Beijing’s by nine meters.
- Beijing Central TV Tower, China
The global number nine is number four in China after Guangzhou, Shanghai and Tianjin. With a height of 404 meters, the tower, built in 1995, is number 9 in the world rankings.
- Fernsehturm Zhengzhou, Zhenzhou China
At 388 meters, the steel television tower of the provincial capital of Henan is number 10 in the world and number 5 in China. It is the tallest steel structure in the world.
- Berlin TV Tower, Germany
At 376 meters, the television tower in Berlin, built in 1969, still ranks 16th in the world.
- Africa Climate
- Asia Hydrography
- Burma Myanmar
- Chinese Music
- Estonia an Easy and Versatile Holiday Destination
- Europe Overview
- Mauritius The Pearl of The Indian Ocean
- Mozambique a Paradise On The Rise
- North America History
- Panama Travel Package
- Romania Most Special of Europe
- Sudan Destinations
- Sudan The Destination of a True Adventurer
- Travel to Central Asia
- Uruguay As a Tourist Country
U.S. History, Politics, Population, and Geography by State
- Denmark Attractions May 10, 2022 - Åarhus: Shopping City and European Capital of Culture 2017 Åarhus is Denmark's most attractive shopping metropolis, ahead of Copenhagen, and was European Capital of Culture in 2017. Åarhus offers a… Read more
- Sint Maarten May 3, 2022 - Sint Maarten is the name of the Dutch part of the island of Saint Martin in the Caribbean Sea, which is divided between the French Republic (northern part of the Island) and the Kingdom… Read more
- Geography of Oman April 26, 2022 - General information about Oman The official name is the Sultanate of Oman. Located in the southeastern part of the Arabian Peninsula. Its small area is located in the north of… Read more
- Geography of Belgium April 19, 2022 - Located between 4°00' east longitude and 50°50' north latitude. In the northwest it is washed by the North Sea, the length of the sea border is 66 km. The Belgian… Read more
- Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda April 12, 2022 - Queen Elizabeth National Park is understandably the most popular among tourists. The diverse ecosystems of the park, such as vast savannah, shady rainforests, sparkling lakes and fertile wetlands, make it… Read more
- Tours in Bahrain April 5, 2022 - Public beaches in Bahrain: Marassi Beach (Amvazh Island). One of the most popular beaches - the total length of the coastline is more than 2 km, the affordable cost of… Read more
- Tours to Vietnam March 29, 2022 - Vacation in Vietnam is a real adventure! Indeed, only in a country whose most beautiful corners were created by the Red Dragon, the temple complex of unknown civilizations, the untouched… Read more
- Taormina, Italy March 22, 2022 - "If someone had to spend just one day in Sicily and asked what they needed to see, I would answer without a doubt: Taormina!" Guy de Maupassant Taormina, one of… Read more
- Things to Do in Cleveland, Ohio March 15, 2022 - According to acronymmonster, Cleveland beckons with its beautiful parks and offers hikers and nature lovers great potential. But there are also numerous opportunities to go shopping, feast or plunge into… Read more
- Serbia Geopolitics March 8, 2022 - The Serbian Socialist Republic was the most important entity of the Federal Socialist Republic of Yugoslavia (RSFI, 1943-1992), led by President Josip Broz 'Tito' for most of its history (1953-1980).… Read more